Montag, 18. August 2008

Manifold trouble

Got my exhaust manifolds back from sandblasting...and what a setback! The driverside manifold is ok but the passengerside manifold is cracked bad. And all attempts to weld the old thing ended in dismal failure. Obviously the material is too old and brittle.Of course headers would be an option but I already bought the whole exhaust to fit the original cast iron manifolds.

Freitag, 15. August 2008

back to black

Got back a whole bunch of parts that my friend Joachim had worked over at his company. The K-member theat goes under the engine, bracktes, exhaust hangers, stuff that goes on the engine like the airfilter box, suspension components, the rear brake drums, odds and ends. Most of these things were originally black, some were obviously never painted at all and in the course of time they all got rusted and rotted. The parts were sandblasted if necessary, cleaned up and coated with a neat layer of glossy deep black paint! Thanks Joachim!

Sonntag, 10. August 2008

Screw it

Got my old screws back. I threw them in a box and took them to the galvanic shop. Although I took pics of all the screws along with a description of where they go, I hope I'll be able to locate each one again when puttig the 'Cuda back together. On another front, the engineblock is back from the shop, reassembly can start anytime!

Samstag, 2. August 2008


I worked over the driveshaft last week. After a lot of organizing, taking parts and pieces to various destinations and picking stuff up, I finally started to do some work myself. At last a new chance to get some dirt under my fingernails. Cleaning, sanding and painting. The surface didn't turn out as good as I had hoped for, the glossy black Hamerite paint did not turn into a smooth finish. Maybe I'll sand some more and get the whole shaft spraypainted at a later time. I also did the strutrods from the front suspension but I don't have pics of those.