Montag, 19. Januar 2009

Wheels

Not that I'm ready to set this thing on its wheels yet but when the time comes I want to be ready :-)
So I got started on the rims for the 'Cuda. This is the type of wheel that was widely used by the racecars of the trans-am series in the late sixties and early seventies. There are a lot of pics out in the net of the Cudas, Challengers and Camaros with wheels like these ringing it out an places like Laguna Seca, Mid America and Lime Rock. I bought these particular rims off a 1969 Mach 1 Mustang used for vintage racing - so they are FIA approved and will take a beating before they break apart. Th wheels were media blasted and prepped for paint. (Luckily ford and mopar share the same bolt circle and the offset fits as well) A good tight fit in the wheelwells!



I have the offer to have the outer lips polished, I think I'll have that done and just paint the inside of the wheel.

Keine Kommentare: